Pages

Sunday 23 March 2014

Projects, projects

This is turning out to be one busy spring! Next month there's a club Bella Morte party for which I'm designing decoration and working on playlists for my DJ set.

I've been dreaming of designing prints for clothing for some time but didn't have the time or equipment to print on fabric. So I was very happy when I contacted Tiina Ulkuniemi of Rogue clothing asking if she might need some designs done and she did! We are planning on 2-3 designs to be printed on skirts, tops and tote bags, I'm currently doing sketches for the pictures.


Deer skulls and moths.

Then there's another printing job, one for a local cat rescue organization. They are printing shopping bags to be sold at events and asked if I would like to provide them with a design. Naturally I did, it's good to be able to help homeless kitties and making graphics is an excellent way for me to be of use!

Nana is making sure the quality of my cat drawings is consistent.

The last project is for an old friend who's a burlesque performer. She inquired if I could come up with some extravagant jewellery for her upcoming act and we are looking on building the set from a base of Indian bridal jewellery, with added sparkle of course! It's such an interesting project, I love working on very flashy, big jewellery, and as a special limitation it needs to be easy to dance in and not snag onto props used. That's some challenge but I like it.



I'll be posting occasional pictures of how things are progressing so you, my lovely readers, can be the first ones to know :) I haven't done much graphic design lately but I'm itching to hone my skills!

12 comments:

  1. Especially the first sketch looks absolutely awesome. I would deffinitely wear it! Amazing!

    x Dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm currently working on it in bigger size to get some detail in, I think it's going to work very well as a finished product :)

      Delete
  2. Mahtaako niitä kisukasseja saada sit muualtakin kuin tapahtumista, esim. ko. yhdistyksen nettisivuilta? Alkoi nimittäin kiinnostaa :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kisu toimittaa kyllä postitse tuotteita! Nykyisellään tarjolla on mm. kollikalenteri ja heijastimia, ne löytyvät täältä: http://www.kissojensuojelu.fi/toimintaan-mukaan/kauppa/

      Delete
  3. The tshirt looks awesome! Can't wait to see all the finished products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very excited to see how the designs look printed!

      Delete
  4. That top sketch for Rogue clothing looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is going to be an awesome shirt you've designed. Want one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They will be available internationally, most likely through Etsy. I'll keep you all up to date :)

      Delete
    2. Please do! Perfect for spring & warmer weather :)

      Delete
  6. Awesome designs! I would gladly buy a top with that print!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool! can´t wait to see the progress! I´m happy that you pursue your dreams!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...