Pages

Monday 16 September 2013

Flea Market Finds

On Sunday I visited a self-service flea market. I used to go there often, but I've cut down buying stuff so I've had a long break. I still like to look at things, even if there's nothing to buy, so I figured it would be a nice way to spend a lazy Sunday. But this time I was lucky and found some great items at great prices!

Sinful Colors What's Your Name, Wet n Wild Gray's Anatomy and W7 Purple Paradise.
Along with the fancy Sinful Colors beetlewing polish, the table had a huge basket of other polishes, even some high-end ones like OPI and Essie. Most were barely used and the prices were very reasonable, so I picked up a few.

Sinful Colors What's Your Name along with the new earrings from the same table. The purple shift in the glitter is very hard to get to show on nails, but it's gorgeous and totally my colour with the purple and teal.
W7 Purple Paradise. A purple with a coppery red sheen.

Wet n Wild Gray's Anatomy. A pale metallic lavender with a strong green shift.
In addition I got another pair of earrings, a baggie of bat shaped beads, a fake fur jacket that was barely worn and a turquoise turtle neck top. And everything all together was under 17 euros, that's what I call a great deal!

10 comments:

  1. Much love to flea markets :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. a self-service flea market? That's a new one on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it's the right word, it's place where people can rent a table, slap on price tags on all items, and buyers just pay what the tag says at the counter. Then the seller can at the end of the rent period come and collect the money.

      Delete
  3. I am not sure what a self-service flea market is either, but it looks like you got yourself quite the great haul!

    Wet N' Wild has that same color, too, of that Sinful Colors... alas, it has the same problem of the purple shift not showing up when you've applied it. It's super awesome and pretty... I so wish it did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty disappointed that the purple doesn't show, it looks so gorgeous in the bottle! But I'm planning to experiment a little and see how it comes out if I'd blend some purple polish with it.

      Delete
  4. Oooh! Nice flea market finds! :) I almost never find nail polishes on flea markets. On the other hand I almost always find shoes there, which isn't bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet colors! :)
    Love
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I see what you mean by self service flea market, here in England we call them Car Boot Sales! I did one with my mother during this Summer, it was a lot of fun and a great way to get rid of stuff you no longer need! Those polishes are so totally you, especially the Sinful Colors one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may have misunderstood Karoliina's explanation. We have car boot sales too, but those are a different animal. I believe that "self-service fleamarkets" (that's a direct translation) are unique to Finland, at least I don't remember having come across any in other countries. As Karoliina said you rent a table, usually for 6 or 7 days at a time, put price tags with the number of your table on everything and haul it to the premises. Then you leave them there and go home. The place works like a shop from then on, the customers pick up what they like, go to the counter and a salesperson takes their money. Every once in a while it's advisable to check your table, because people looking through things tend to leave a horrible mess behind, and keeping the table in order isn't part of the service. At the end of your rent period, as Karoliina again said :), you go to the counter, collect the money and empty your table of unsold stuff. These flea markets are usually open every day of the week, something like 10-18. I hope this clears everything up and sorry for being an obnoxious know it all/busybody. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...