Pages

Saturday 21 September 2013

Sephora Cream Lip Stain Review

On my trip to Stockholm I got this lip stain. It's the colour 07 Dark Berry from Sephora's own cosmetics line. I like lip stains, but none of the ones the Sephora had looked like interesting shades, but I'm happy that in the end I picked this one up.

It's a Cream Lip Stain, which describes the consistency very well. The package is sleek and modern, very simple. The product has a slanted doe-foot applicator that I found really nice an precise. The actual lip stain is not runny, but has a creamy consistency that's easy to apply. It has a strong vanilla scent. While the stain applies mildly shiny, it dries to a satin finish. You should keep your mouth open when it dries to make the effect faster and keep the stain applied evenly. When dry, the stain is smudge proof.

I found the stain alone to feel a bit too dry on my lips, so I put regular lip balm on top. This made it a bit more prone to smudging, but still nothing like standard lip stick. During the day (8+ hours) the stain feathered slightly at the corners of my mouth, so using a lip liner (one of the invisible types would be best) might be wise. To remove the stain, you need an oil based make-up remover. Unlike the name states, this product doesn't actually leave a stain on your lips.




Pros
+ Easy-to-use colour, suits many skin tones
+ Excellent staying power
+ Can be worn with lip balm on top
+ Stylish package
+ Easy to remove

Cons
- Availability, only available at Sephora
- Vanilla scent can be overpowering and lasts quite long


7 comments:

  1. Kaunis sävy! Pitääpä jostain Sephorasta tarkistaa heidän omien meikkiensä kokoelma, Roomassa vähän sivuutin sen kun oli kiire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onpas ihana sävy! Pitää yrittää itsekin metsästää moinen jostakin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a gorgeous shade on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ihana, upean syksyinen sävy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow the color is amazing!! good to hear it lasts long and the silky shine is perfect! looks very good on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour is definitely amazing and it looks wonderful on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Unfortunately it is so hard to get here, I found one but the postage and product together was $30!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...