Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Fyrinnae Liquid Matte Lipsticks Review

When I heard Fyrinnae had a new line of liquid matte lipsticks, I just couldn't wait to get my hand on them! The first batch sold out quickly but I got to order once the second one appeared. I got Desire, Delicious, Naughty & Nice and Sinister. Here's my thoughts on them.

Fyrinnae Liquid Matte Lipstick in Desire

Fyrinnae Liquid Matte Lipstick in Desire

Fyrinnae Liquid Matte Lipstick in Desire
Desire is a dark, blue-toned purple. It's great for dramatic looks, as it truly is quite dark! To get good coverage you need to layers, and applying is a bit tricky because the second layer melts the first one. For best results I recommend padding the second layer on. This shade also stains quite a alot, your lips will be pink the next day!

Fyrinnae Liquid Matte Lipstick in Naughty & Nice

Fyrinnae Liquid Matte Lipstick in Naughty & Nice
Naughty & Nice is a very easy to use red. It's warm and looks like it would suit many skin tones. Goes on perfectly with just one layer, and applying a second one is easy too, just in case you missed a spot. Naughty & Nice isn't totally matte, it has a satin finish, which I like very much.

Fyrinnae Liquid Matte Lipstick in Delicious

Fyrinnae Liquid Matte Lipstick in Delicious
Delicious is also purple, but lighter than Desire. It's quite bright, but not very light. Applies well with one layer and does not have problems with the first layer melting away if you re apply.


Fyrinnae Liquid Matte Lipstick in Sinister

Fyrinnae Liquid Matte Lipstick in Sinister
Sinister was a bit of a scary shade for me! I rarely wear blue, but when the description said the lipstick has a similar effect to Fyrinnae's Digital Faerie eyeshadow I just had to get it. On my lips the green sheen doesn't really show, but the shade of blue works surprisingly well with my skin tone. Sinister is a medium blue, and thanks to the metallic effect, it's more of a satin finish than matte.

I have to say I love the formula of all of the lipsticks. They are liquid in the tube and applied with a doe-foot applicator. Thanks to the liquid formula they go on very thin and you don't feel them on your lips. I have many matte liquid lipsticks, but they usually are more of a cream than liquid despite the name and feel a bit heavy on the lips. The cream ones can also crumble if you apply too thick layers. I have not had that problem with the Fyrinnae ones at all. They also stay on extremely well. On my lips 6+ hours without reapplying, and more with a touch up. The lipstick dries fully, so you don't leave lip marks on glasses, partners or where ever your lips touch ;D

Pros

+ Gorgeous and very usable shades (for dramatic looks)
+ Excellent formula, the best I've ever tried for liquid mattes
+ Doesn't smudge, feather or fade
+ Stays on for 6+ hours

Cons

- I'd love a dark teal shade (but there's already a teaser of a matte black or dark grey, so maybe more colours are coming!)

10 comments:

  1. Wau, toi sininen on jotenkin aivan mahtava, vaikka ajatuksena kuulostaa pelottavalta. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mulle harvat siniset sopii, mutta tää olis sävyltään harvinaisen käytettävä!

      Delete
  2. I want delicious and Sinister so much. They look so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like both of the purples, but I want to try an ombre look with a purple and the gorgeous blue! I hope they do a dark, cool pink and a teal, those would work super well for gradients too.

      Delete
  3. Delicious and Sinister are, definitely, the best ones! Now the store is closed, but I'm waiting to get one for me. I hope they send to Brazil hahaha
    You are gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really like these, I hope you get to order soon!

      Delete
  4. I love the purple and blue ones! Blue toned lipsticks usually look good on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are one lucky babe that blues suit you! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...