Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

Trying Out a Black Wig

I felt the need to try out some wigs for an easy changeable hairstyle, so I went shopping at Insomnium Wigs. I liked the black wig that I got for my Halloween costume, but it was of very low quality because I bought it in a hurry and didn't compare products enough. The wig in these pictures is called Mademoiselle Noir and fits me much better than the ultra cheap one, even when it isn't that expensive!

I almost never wear red eyeshadow, it just doesn't go with pink hair. It isn't even mine, I borrowed it from my other half ;D But with the black wig I wanted to see what I could do with red and black. Looking back I think a metallic red would have looked better, or I could have done a fake 3D effect by applying a white matte shadow on the center of the lids. I feel the red is too flat, but wanted to post these pics anyway, to show the learning process.

I used:

Sugarpill Tako
Sugarpill Love+ (as blush too)
Sugarpill Bulletproof
Fyrinnae matte lipstick in Naughty & Nice
Red Cherry lashes

I had a cat hair stuck on my false lash that I tried to get off, but the picture looked very nice ;D

A red and black cut crease with blended edges and a bold red lip.

This one shows how flat the matte red looks. I think the look could have improved
100% with a more shapely effect on the lids, but you live and learn, I'll know better
next time!

I think the wig looks quite natural on me. I've actually never had black hair, I was
always such rebel that I wanted to stand out even from a goth crowd ;D

IRL the blush looks super bright, but once again the camera washes it out. The blush is
actually the red eyeshadow on my lids, just applied very lightly.

The Red Cherry lashes are awesome. They are long and glamorous, but very comfortable to wear thanks to the soft
lash band. They are made of human hair, so the lashes are not shiny but look quite natural. I always come back to Red Cherry
lashes, my brief ventures into other lashes always remind me how annoying itchy, hard lash bands are!


22 comments:

  1. Wow you look sooo sexy with the Black wig. Kinda makes me want to go back to having Black hair... I love red eyeshadow! One of my most used eyeshadow colors, besides the boring neutrals hehe. Love this look!

    www.loevensmakeuprambles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think I have to try a metallic red next time, red is such a nice colour even when I have trouble wearing it!

      Delete
    2. You are rocking hat red! I can see how it might clash with your pink hair, but it looks awesome on you with this wig.

      Delete
  2. You look amazing with the black hair, but it is great to have it as a wig, not just dye it and then want bright hair again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I agree! Black is so hard to get to come off hair that wigs are perfect for sporting it. I still have a section in my hair that's orangey, because I had a black streak a few years back and the red tones just won't come off!

      Delete
  3. You look like a Disney villain, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Upeita kuvia taas ja upea sinä, hyvin sopii musta ja mahtava meikki! En osaa nähdä meikkiä mitenkään puutteellisena, minusta se ei ole ollenkaan liian yksiulotteinen. Ainakaan näin kun ei ole vertailukohtaa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Ehkä mä oon vähän kriittinen ite, mutta täytyy koittaa metallinhohtoista punaista ens kerralla niin voi syntyä jotain vielä siistimpää :)

      Delete
  5. Mustat hiukset muuttaa yllättävän paljon sun ulkonäköä. Mahtavia kuvia!
    Ja hitsit, on varmaan pakko tilata noita Fyrinnaen huulipunia. Ne näyttää todella hyviltä kuvissa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mä tykkään kyllä kovasti Fyrinnaen mattapunista, niissä on ihan erilainen koostumus kuin missään nestemäisessä matassa mitä oon aiemmin kokeillut, ja ainakin mun huulille selvästi parempi. Fyrinnaen ovat ihan nestemäisiä, ei voidemaisia, ja kuivuvat siksi tosi ohuiksi huulille eivätkä tunnu paksuilta kuten muut. Mä en voi kuin suositella!

      Delete
  6. You look like a goth Snow White, so awesome ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look like a totally different person! I like it though. In general, I liked your hair pink and long without the under-shave and also now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the wig makes a big difference, and I could do different poses than with the undercut. With the undercut I need to have the left side of my face towards the camera so my hair won't obscure the face ;D

      Delete
  8. Wau!, that color looks amazing on you, it brings your eyes to a whole new light!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The black hair looks amazing. It's reminded me that I have a blue wig I bought a few years back that I don't wear as I've never been confident putting it on. Maybe that's something I need to take another stab at. It's a lovely dark blue and good quality so it's a shame to think of it living in the wardrobe and getting no use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely try the wig again, it sounds lovely!

      Delete
  10. Upeita kuvia! Tukka sopii hienosti :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...