Pages

Monday 19 January 2015

Snow Queen Make-Up, First Try

Here's a few close-ups of the Snow Queen make-up I did! This is the first version, I'll do at least one more when I finish the outfit for the shoot. I think I did well on the eyes aside from the lashes, the mint coloured strip they have is too bright and takes attention away from the eyeshadow. I think the silver brows are cool and I like the lips too, but darker lips or lip liner at least might give the look some more oomph.

Products used

Sugarpill Lumi (a shimmery white with a blue sheen) and Tiara (silver, also on brows)
Antoinette's Revolution Marie (pale blue)
Fyrinnae Digital Faerie (bright metallic blue)
Fyrinnae Debonair (medium purple)
Grimas Tip Cream (glitter gel, on brows)
Lumene lipstick in pale blue (with Tiara padded on top)
Mac Fluidline gel liner in Blacktrack
IsaDora Volume & Curl mascara in black
Stargazer white liquid eyeliner
Red Cherry Mint Treat lashes


I like how the eyeshadow matches with the necklace!

I did the white dots with the pointed end of a teasing comb. I would have used a
nail dotting tool if I could have found mine.


Too bright lashes! The strip also hides my liner making the eyes less well defined.




All of my eyes shut shots care out blurry, but I think you can see the shadow placement in this one :)

And the lips. There's a sheer blue lipstick as a base and Tiara eyeshadow padded on top for coverage and shimmer.
What do you think? Would darker lips work better?

22 comments:

  1. i'm impressed, U look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic look! The brow color is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was a bit hesitant with the shiny silver, but good to know it works!

      Delete
  3. It looks even more amazing up close! Love the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! ♥ En muuten ekasta setistä oikein tajunnutkaan millaiset nuo ripset oli, varmasti kivat simppelimmän lookin kanssa. :) Tosi herkku tuo sininen luomiväri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon! Digital Faerie on kyllä ehdottomasti mun suosikkisininen, se on niin ihanan kirkas ja metallinhohtoinen :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! Tykkään hurjasti meikistä :) Eikä haittaa vaikkei rajaus näykään, tuollainen utuisempi fiilis on mielestäni jopa ehkä kivempi. Olisi hauska nähdä tästä "paranneltu" versio vielä!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mä tykkään kovasti mustista, järeistä ripsistä niin ehkä se oli vaan shokki kun nää onkin näin vaaleat ;D Paranneltu versio pitäisi tulla näkyville, oon just aloittamassa hameen ompelemista asua varten niin kyllä tätä vielä lisää kuvataan!

      Delete
  6. i adore the lips especially in this look, it kind of looks futuristic ;) the false eyelashes look pretty difficult to combine with any look, the blue strip is very dominant...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do agree with the futuristic lips, the silver is really strong and shiny. I'm thinking of selling the lashes, they seem tricky to combine and I have so many pairs I love that it seems unlikely I'll ever grab a pair of not-so-nice-ones.

      Delete
  7. This is incredible! I'm so jealous of your skills. I'm terrible at matching colours and making them work, so I usually end up in nudes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do like nudes, but colours are really my thing. I've done some art studies in past, which I think help a lot when working with colours in any context. Putting on make-up is pretty much the same as painting, just with different media.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...