Pages

Sunday 25 January 2015

Striped Stripey Stripes

I'm writing this post wrapped in my black and white striped blanket that my other half gave to me. He knows what I like! Black and white stripes are one of my favourite patterns: simple, elegant and stunning. I like Artifice Clothing a lot, and when they listed a black and white striped shrug on their Etsy shop, I just had to get it! It arrived early this month and I've been meaning to take pictures with it but always been too busy. But today my other half and I installed the grey Ikea curtain we got to work as a background for photos. I wanted to try it out and remembered the shrug, so here are some shots of it! I naturally paired it with a stripy corset ;P


Shrug - Artifice Clothing
Top - Lip Service
Corset - DeadlyGirlz
Necklace - H&M
Earrings - Second hand
Hair piece - Hair from Hell





I really love the effect the grey curtain gives! It works with both black and white outfits and the shadows blend out which looks kinda cool. It's now attached to hang on top of a doorway so the curtain can just be pulled down when needed and is neatly rolled on top of the doorway when not in use. I've been needing a neutral background on a spot I don't have to prepare to take pictures at. When I use the black wallpaper as background, I have to lift one of the big speakers we have to get it out of the way. It's not something I enjoy, especially if I'm an idiot and put a corset on before prepping the shooting area!





13 comments:

  1. love the look! the hairdo is really cool too, not something we see on you a lot hehe. and the background works perfect, also pink and gray is one of my favorite color combinations :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like how versatile the hair pieces are, this up-do was done by simply gathering one fall on top of my head and pinning it in place. Easy, fast and so light to wear you barely know it's there! I like how up-dos make your neck look a lot longer, I should do them more often!

      Delete
  2. WOW you really look stunning!
    I love black & white stripes, it is so Burtonesque : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you always come up with so many awesome new looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I get creative when trying to avoid working on my thesis ;P

      Delete
  4. And flawless makeup to go with a great outfit and lovely hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have a few close ups on the make-up, but there were so many pictures on this post already that I saved those for another one :)

      Delete
  5. You look awesome. =D I love black and white stripes as well. The gray curtain looks really good as a backdrop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The curtains seems to be just what I was looking for, neutral and easy to get ready for shoots!

      Delete
  6. I love the combination of your outfit and your hairdo. You are so pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...