Pages

Sunday 18 January 2015

Playing Snow Queen

I've been full of photoshoot ideas lately (and busy working on my scale mail corset too) and one of the characters I'd like to do a shoot as is a classic snow queen. I'm still working on a skirt, decorating the corset and making a little tiara, but I wanted to try out the grey wig I styled yesterday. It was also a good idea to try some make-up ideas I had just to see how well they work on the camera. I say yes for the silver lips but a definite no for the false lashes, they just don't work!

I decided to have some fun with Photoshop and did some edits to the pics, I hope you like them!


Corset - Second hand
Blue jewellery - eBay, a set of Indian bridal jewellery
Silver choker - GinaTricot
Wig - eBay
Tulle thingie - Ikea (it's a curtain ;P)









I'm very pleased with the wig, this was my first time styling one. It's a simple up-do but I'm proud that I got it to stay up ;D The Ikea curtain will become a skirt, it was actually cheaper to buy a packed of curtains than go to the fabric store. I love tulle, it looks so nice in pictures!

18 comments:

  1. Wow, the wig with the hairdo is super cool and also amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous! I love the makeup and the jewelry you chose to go with it and the wig looks fantastic. I agree with the lashes though, I think they are a bit too much, maybe some different lashes though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to try some different lashes, I thought the mint green would work well but to me the look is too busy with so many different colours, the mint is just too bright! I'm thinking of just regular black lashes to line the eyes nicely, so the eyeshadow would have the center stage and the lashes would just accentuate that.

      It's really good to try out the looks, I'm usually too lazy, but now it really pays off when I can get much better pictures with the final look :)

      Delete
  3. You look absolutely divine! I love the jewelry you chose, it gives you such a mystic feeling. As soon as I saw your pictures, it reminded me of Shiva from Final Fantasy! :)

    http://unknownprettylies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Now that you said it, the look does have a Shiva vibe to it, true!

      Delete
  4. These photos are awesome! You are so creative! Really love the wig :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so proud I got the wig looking nice with my first try :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! You look incredible! And I love that hair colour on you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huikeita kuvia! Yleensä harvemmin näin avoimesti hehkutan, mutta miun mielestä näissä kuvissa tunnelma on kaikin puolin kohdallaan. Siun tatuoinnit mätsää meikin väriin, ja muutenkin, tuo meikki on vain niin ylikaunis ja huoliteltu että. Ja hiuspehko ja korut myös jotenkin niin piste iin päälle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! I love the indian twist in the styling, also would love to see a close up on the makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have close-ups coming today, I'll just have to pick the best ones :)

      Delete
  8. You dress up for doing nonsense. Stupid girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look awesome! I love the choker and matching eyeshadow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The necklace is old, I'm so happy to occasionally find great items for a look in my own stash :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...