Pages

Friday 30 January 2015

Red Demoness

One of the photoshoot looks I've been thinking of is a demoness character with a red dress and long black hair. I bought a Chinese eBay gown for this purpose and it arrived yesterday so I tried out the look. The pictures didn't quite turn out like I hoped, but I think the gown looks nice and the wig works well with it. I'm thinking a tiara might work well with this look, or then I'll make the horns into a headdress with flowers and lace. It's so hard to choose what to do!

Horns - Customized
Wig - Insomnium Wigs
Necklace - H&M
Dress - eBay
Lenses - Pinkie Paradise



I had trouble with the horns slipping, I need to fix them to a headband! The lenses look great, but I didn't really see anything through them when in direct light. In normal indoor lighting they were okay but not really comfortable because they make vision quite hazy.



I was an idiot and forgot to take close-up pictures of the make-up. It's basically a smoky eye with Sugarpill Bulletproof (matte black), black gel liner on brows, huge Red Cherry falsies, Sugarpill Love+ for blush (matte red) and Nyx soft matte lip cream in Copenhagen on the lips with a touch of red lipstick on top to give it shine.

What do you think? A tiara or a flowery headdress, which would work better?

23 comments:

  1. The black wig works so good on you. This make up is superb, I love the eyeshadow, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm surprised how well the black works for me :)

      Delete
  2. Ootpa kaunista katseltavaa. Ihan sairaan upea look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No nyt tykkään!<3 Toi lähes silmämeikkeisä poskipuna on mahtava. Mustatkin hiukset näköjään sopisivat sulle, ja noi piilarit..! Mun mielestä sarvet ovat itsessään niin hienot, etten ehkä veisi huomiota niiltä ainakaan millään kovin korkealla lisäkoristeella, ehkä jokin hieno otsakorusysteemi voisi toimia. Kokeile montaa eri vaihtoehtoa, eiköhän muitakin kuin mua kiinnostaisi nähdä eri variaatioita.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Otsakoru kuulostaa hyvältä idealta, ja voisin kyllä ottaa kuvat parista ehdokkaista, mulla pyörii nurkissa ainakin yksi kruunu ja yksi tiara jotka voisivat toimia :)

      Delete
  4. love the look, the wig looks so real!!! I would personally use a brighter shade of red for the lipstick, but maybe it was because i was so dazzled by the dress the necklace ;) a huge headpiece would suit as well, but i find these horns to looks very elegant too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you are right, a brighter red would work better on the lips. I'll do some experiments with headgear to see what would work best!

      Delete
  5. Oliko se Elwing? Tuli vaan mieleen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, mä mietin samaa kun kyhäsin lookkia, en oo mielikuvitusolennoissa edennyt paljoa sitten yläasteen ;D

      Delete
  6. I love it just as it is!!! The lenses are amazing! <3

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are lovely, I think you suit black hair so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The wig suits me surprisingly well!

      Delete
  8. You remind me of Sarah Brightman in "Repo-The Genetic Opera" in these photos, you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I remember the character had these white, spooky eyes, true! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  9. Flowers! It would compliment the lace nicely. I love this look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just bought a bunch of silk flowers from Ikea, I think they will work great with this look :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...