Pages

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Slinky Chinese Gown

I first saw this dress at a Facebook flea market, but was too slow to buy it. The lady selling it was super nice and told me she got the gown off eBay and pointed me to the seller. I've been meaning to try out some super cheap Chinese gown that might work for photoshoots. My problem was that often the pictures are not of the actual garment, so it's hard to know what you will eventually get.

Just to compare, you can see the sellers pictures here. The dress that arrived has roughly the same cut but without the padded shoulders, but it's make of very thin, stretchy, soft fabric, not a stiff fabric like the gown in the pictures.

I kinda expected this, and luckily I was looking for a cheap photoshoot gown, because I don't think I'd ever wear the dress outside, the fabric looks too cheap and it wants to fall off my shoulders constantly, which is kind of a problem since the low cut neckline allows for no bra ;D But it's nice enough to take photos with, so just what I wanted and I think the 15 euros or so is a good price for a long gown that looks okay in pictures.


There's a small train in the back and a slit in the front. I paired the gown with a shaggy faux fur jacket. It's supposed to be pink, but looks more beige. It's a nice colour on photos but not something I would normally wear. For the shoes I probably should have gone for regular heels, not ankle boots, so my legs would look longer. The belt helps to keep the gown in place.


My hair looks a bit tangled, I just got back from my pole dancing class and just put on some lipstick and liner to try out how the dress looks on camera ;D I had a long break in the dance lessons when I was first ill and then lazy/busy, but now I've been going regularly. Makes my muscles super sore after a long time of no dancing, but it's oddly rewarding!


How do you like the gown? Of the whole outfit the jacket and the necklace are the only things I bought new, and they were on discount (I think the 7,50 euro jacket is a great find!). Everything else is second hand!

14 comments:

  1. It looks really lovely, and works super well with those boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, quality often does not match with cheap ebay items. Also chinese garments are usually much too small for me! You are lucky you are so skinny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The sizing is very... interesting. This dress is a size L and fits me well, but with the stretchy fabric it would go on for someone much larger. I was careful to read the sizing information because everything is so, so small!

      Delete
  3. The gown is absolutely amazing! You look so beautiful and sexy!

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this absolutely beautiful paired with gorgeous boots :)

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vau, oot kyllä ihan diiva tuossa asukokonaisuudessa! Kaunis mekkokin, alkoi jo tilaaminen houkutella. Lähinnä huolettaa, onkohan se hitusen päälle 160-senttiselle ihan liian pitkä..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mä oon 167 cm ja kuvissa on n. 12 cm korkoa lisäksi. Luulisin että mekko vois olla jopa parempi aavistuksen lyhyemmälle (tai matalammilla koroilla), koska mun setupilla vain laahus koskee maata, halkion vieressä olevat sivukappaleet nousevat jo vähän ilmaan. Helmaa ei myöskään ole huoliteltu, eli sitä voi lyhentää aika huoleti jos pituutta on liikaa :)

      Delete
    2. No mutta, kuulostaa yhä houkuttelevammalta. Kiitos vastauksesta! ^^

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...