Pages

Monday 19 March 2012

Current 93

Yesterday I went to listen to Current 93 in Helsinki. The band is one of my favourites, although their records are quite varied and I don't like all the albums. The gig was at a theatre, with the audience seated. I had a good seat right in the first row on the balcony. I don't know what I was expecting, but I think the fist half of the performance was a bit boring, but luckily the last songs saved it. I love The Inmost Light and Lucifer over London!

Here's a version from youtube so you can enjoy it too :)



I wore a brown smokey eye look and forgot to take a picture of my outfit, but I had a simple little black dress, black tights and a black pvc bolero. When I got back to Tampere at 01:00 am, it was snowing and the whole city looked magical, if somewhat damp. The snowflakes were HUGE and wet and didn't last long on the ground. The poster I had bought at the show got some damage from the melting snow, but it's a nice souvenir still. When my hair was damp from the snowfall I put it up for the night to keep, and in the morning it had lovely waves to cheer up my tired start of the day!

Here's my look from yesterday. I first did it with only Detrivore Cosmetics, but felt the darker brown was still too light, so I added some Doe-eyed on top and somehow messed the blending and had to fix it with q-tips. I also used a new blending brush, it's nice but I need some time to get used to it.

I used:
Detrivore Cosmetics Tarantula (on inner half of lids)
Detrivore Cosmetics Wraith (on whole lid and crease)
Concrete Minerals Doe-Eyed (to darken the outer crease)
Evil Shades China Doll blush (I think my blush brush wasn't clean, the colour looks too dark to be only China Doll)
Gosh lipstain 003 Berry







4 comments:

  1. You look lovely! I am very envious as I do enjoy Current 93 and do agree with you about their albums being varied and a little boring at times. I missed them when they came the closest to me (Toronto, Ontario in Canada) a few years ago, I'm still kicking myself! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they will come near you soon again, the gig was pretty good :)

      Delete
  2. I like the color placement and blending ;) Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wasn't that comfortable with the new brush, but so nice to know it doesn't look bad :) And I'm getting better with it, today I did a really nice smokey eye look with it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...