Pages

Thursday 29 March 2012

Daddy's Girl Half-Moon

I fixed my nails after having a french manicure with plastic tips, and put on just clear UV-gel nails. I wanted something easy to wear but with a twist, so I decided to try a half-moon manicure with my favourite purple, Daddy's Girl by Sinful Colors. It's a plum purple with pink-purple glitter.

There's no gold glitter in the polish, that's just the lights reflecting on the nails. Would look pretty though!


It was my first half-moon ever, so it's a bit messy and not symmetric, since I didn't even know you could buy special stickers to make the circles. I'm still happy, it's not too bad, and with the stickers or just a thin brush, I'll do better next time :) Now I just used the brush in the polish bottle, and it's huge. I also ran out of Daddy's Girl, but luckily found a replacement on eBay that's now on it's way to me.

5 comments:

  1. I think I've finally decided to get gel nails. I'm soooo tired of my nails breaking. This half moon looks great! Especially for your first try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been really pleased with my UV-nail kit from eBay, short gel nails are so nice to wear, they don't snag on clothes or chip easily.

      Delete
  2. They look amazing! That nail varnish is lovely!

    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, whats your favourite gel nail polish? I havent bought one before and have no clue on where to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually use just basic UV-gel (pink or clear, the colour doesn't really show) and put regular nail polish on top of it. I haven't yet tried to put gel on top of polish, but it should work too. I have some cheap coloured gels from eBay, a black and some glitters, they work fine but darker colours need more coats and I find it hard to keep the nails from being too bulky.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...