Pages

Tuesday 28 March 2017

The Braid

Last Saturday I was DJing at Gothic Night and my friend Anniina (check out her Instagram for more awesome hair stuff!) was so nice as to agree to do my hair! I needed something that would stay put for hours, look goth enough and hide the weird tuft of hair that is my old shaved side I'm now growing out. Anniina came up with this wonderful braid hair-do that works excellently in my thick hair!

I'm wearing a Lip Service dress with an open back and a racerback bra with a lace insert.
Really like how the lace shows!






And a couple of pictures of the make up! I had eyelid surgery done a little over a week ago, so I still look a bit beat up. I consider myself a genius for coming up with the idea to hide the last traces of bruises under my eyes with the blue stripes ;D 

You will be seeing the scars up close in my future eye make-up pictures, but I'm hoping they will fade well. I have hereditary heavy lids, which with time would most likely have been so bad that they would hinder my sight. Within about 10-20 years I would have been able to get the surgery done by public health services, but I didn't feel like looking tired and having headaches due to straining my forehead for that long, so I had it done now. I'll most likely do a post on the procedure later. I just wanted to be honest with why I look a bit weird in these pics and make sure no one is worried, I'm absolutely fine! And I'd say for nine days after the surgery and no make-up on the incision area I look pretty decent ;P The liner looks like it's too far from my lashes, but that's just the swelling.



8 comments:

  1. Onpas korea letti! <3

    Oh, toivoisin tuota toimenpidettä itsellenikin, sama perinnöllinen vaiva. Vielä se ei ehkä näytä niin pahalta kun joillain sukulaisillani, mutta itse sen eron huomaa jo muutaman vuoden takaiseen tilanteeseen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos!

      Raskaat luomet taitavat olla aika monen suomalaisen ongelma, ja niitä käsittääkseni leikataan jonkun verran julkisellakin puolella, mutta silloin tosiaan täytyy löytyä terveydelliset syyt. Mä oon kyllä tyytyväinen että mulla oli jo nyt mahdollisuus operaatioon, ilme on paljon pirteämpi!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Is it like an eye lift? I'm curious about the operation post, I didn't know it can be done for health reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to google it, but yes, it's an eye lift! Basically I used to have very heavy lids that would only become heavier and droopier with time. If or when they start to make your eyelashes curl toward the eye ball or if they droop so they hinder visibility, in Finland you can get the procedure done by public healthcare. I suck at waiting and didn't want to spend years and years seeing if the lids become so bad.

      Delete
  3. Ihana letti! Oon opetellut letittämään mun omia lyhyitä hiuksia, että sais joskus pois naamalta. Kyllä se melkeen menee, mut helpottaa kummasti kunhan nää tästä vielä kasvaa. Mullakin on todennäköisesti joskus edessä toi leikkaus, jo nyt vasen luomi roikkuu melkoisen uhkaavasti...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos, letit on kyllä tosi näppäriä! En osaa tehdä itelleni ranskalaista, mutta oon ilolla tarjoutunut aina letittettäväksi kun mahdollisuuksia tulee vastaan :) Tykkään kun joku muu laittaa mun tukkaa!

      Mä kyllä omasta puolestani oon jo nyt kaksi ja puoli viikkoa leikkauksen jälkeen tosi tyytyväinen. Arvet on vielä aika näkyvät (mulle, kukaan muu ei tunnu huomaavan ;D) mutta nyt jo saa tehtyä kunnon siipirajaukset jotka ei tuhriinnu luomien alle!

      Delete
  4. Aiotko kirjoittaa tarkemmin operaatiosta, siis missä kävit ja paljonko maksoi, kiinnostaisi kovasti itseäkin tuo toimenpide. :) Myös kunnon ennen ja jälkeen -kuvat olisivat tervetulleita!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...