Pages

Thursday 10 July 2014

Church Ruin Shoot

Here's a few pictures from St. Michael's church in Pälkäne. One of the few places in Finland where people are so silly they have let the old church go to ruin ;P The ruin is in a nice condition nowadays, there's a new roof being built on top of one of the remaining rooms and the churchyard grass was neatly cut. When I was a child I used to go there and play, and back then it was in a worse state.

There were so many nice pictures that I had trouble choosing the best ones, so there's plenty!


I'm wearing the clock hand tiara I made a couple of years back and a new black feather collar. The necklace is by Lumissa's Purple Octopus. Dress is second hand, it's been hand made by someone. The corset is a black satin one by Burleska and the shoes are second hand. The eyeshadow is Deepmoss by Femme Fatale and the false lashes (that I had trouble applying, they wanted to point in all the wrong directions!) are Baby Dewdrop Lashes from Sugarpill.

This was a tricky spot to pose at, I kept scraping the top of the arch with the highest point of the tiara ;D










I had hoped to take some shots at an arched window, but the only one that's on the ground level was blocked with many layers of metal mesh that it didn't look nice. The ruin is so unstable that even if it wasn't forbidden to climb on it I wouldn't do it, you never know when I you get a rock on your head ;D

These are the stairs that I used to go up to an interior balcony. There's a gate
preventing anyone from climbing up. Back in my childhood you
could still freely go up.






This last set was taken at the fence surrounding the old churchyard. There has been a graveyard
around the church but the gravestones have been lost. Pälkäne does have a lovely old graveyard too,
right in the middle of the village, but sometimes it so grown out with weeds that it's hard to see the old
gravestones and crosses.




My hair was still curled from Lumous, I decided to get the most of it and have one last shoot before I was the curls out. After the shoot I went straight to the sauna and to swim in the lake. The best way to wash off the dust of a long festival!

23 comments:

  1. I love the photos! You look gorgeous! I love that crown of clock hands, I need to find or make one someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's surprisingly easy accessory to wear!

      Delete
  2. Ihana asu yhdistelmä ja tuo viisari kruunu <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kylä on upeita! Silmä lepää :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely my dear. You styled everything together so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so Dreamy! ♥
    I love that neck piece.
    Gorgeous ruins, I love the memories of your childhood about the place as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really happy with how the necklace and collar work together :)

      Delete
  6. Last ones are my favorites although you look fab on each of them. Love the collar and tiara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't you think that this corset is too big? It looks weird right below your breasts. The combo with the purple dress looks awesome although :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a bit too small for me, I think. I'm not sure if it should be worn a little lower to sit correctly, but it's close enough for me :) Thanks!

      Delete
  8. That dress is absolutely fabulous. I'm glad that you found it because it suits you like a glove :)
    All the photos are very beautiful. It's a bit odd that they let a church (looks fairly new with the bricks) go to devastation but hopefully they will do something about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The church is actually quite old, from the 16th cnetury, it's mostly made of grey stone but the pretty arches are of red tile, that why the tiles show so much in my shots ;) It's a really unique place now that it is in ruins. There's many intact medieval churches in the area, so one that's only a few wall and a pile of stones is exotic!

      Delete
  9. I love all the photos! I love the full length photo of you where you hold up the dress a little, the pose is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have this philosophy with posing that the more awkward the pose feels, the better it probably looks ;D Seemed to work with that picture!

      Delete
  10. Hey there,
    lovely dress, and your posing is also very well done. Nice pictures, very bright and colorful, as usually.
    Unfortunately, your corset doesn't fit properly or isn't properly laced on top, as it sticks out very distinctly and emphasises your lower belly curvature. It's a pity it is well visible in most of the pictures, as to me this disturbs the harmony of the look and the overall effect of the pictures.
    I like the dress a lot on you, it emphasises your heigth a lot and looks just flawless!
    Greetings from Austria,
    TheTeapotBat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! The corset is a tiny bit too small for me. It's a ready made one, so it doesn't fit my torso well, I haven't figured yet how to get it to sit better on me. Maybe I'm channeling a poor princess in the pics, one who doesn't have the money for made-to-measure corsets ;D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...