Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

Samhain is Soon!

I'm getting ready to celebrate Samhain! Like on a few previous years, I'm organizing a goth club with a Samhain/Halloween theme and a costume competition. Last year I made my costume early because I came across a nice and cheap second hand wedding dress. This year I'm pretty late, I just got to know I'm going on a business trip on Thursday and returning on Friday, so I don't have many nights before the party on Saturday.

If you are hanging around Tampere on Saturday, come and party with us! There's great prizes for the competition and you can also win in a raffle just by voting for your favourite costume, so everyone can win. Here's a link to the Facebook event Club Underworld and Bella Morte Release the Bats III!

I originally planned this costume for the Fetish Factory event, but I couldn't go when I got sick. Good thing there's many possible events to wear costumes at! Here's a few snaps of my steampunk themed outfit.


I'm using the bustle skirt I got from Fan + Friend a while ago, but wanted to make it look a bit different. The brown overskirt used to be a wraparound skirt, but I took it apart and sewed it to have pleating in the back and strings for tying in the front. I'm planning to gather it up to get the bustle even bigger, in the pictures it's still just hanging loose.


When finished it will gathered a bit like this! The shirt is from a second hand shop, the harness and sleeve are from Fantasmagoria and the corset is a dramatic points corset from Draculacorsets. I was planning to wear it as underwear, but the shirt didn't have enough fabric in the back to sit nicely on the bustle, so this way it had to be.

Details of the Fantasmagoria sleeve, it has a cool high collar!

And my tired face when trying on the outfit ;D

These thingies are going to become a head dress for the outfit! My other half wanted to make one, I'm quite exited!
I'm really happy with the outfit so far, it might be a little bit hot to wear, but it's still otherwise easy and looks surprisingly good. The only things I bought for it were the skirt and the shirt, and both were discounted second hand garments. I also got to try out my new sewing machine which works like magic after I'm used to fighting with the old one that was so worn down it hardly worked. It's so pleasant to work with good equipment, I should do it more often!

12 comments:

  1. Kunnollisten välineiden kanssa harrastaminen on ihan tajuttoman mukavaa! Mäkin haaveilen ompelukoneesta, mutta tokkopa ehtisin sillä mitään kuitenkaan tehdä. Tai osaisin :D

    Tää asu on kyllä ihan täys kymppi! Todella hieno ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mun vanha ompelukone luovutti kymmenvuotiaana, joten hyvin se palveli! Hulluilta päiviltä löytyi vielä varsin kohtuuhintainen uusi. Mä ompelin paljon joskus yläasteikäisenä, ja vaikken enää tee niin paljoa, taidot muistuvat mieleen ja kaikenlaisia perusjuttuja saa tehtyä helposti, suosittelen! Oon ihan liian laiska tekemään housunlyhennyksen ja paidankavennukset käsin ;P

      Delete
  2. That is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic outfit,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Steampunk outfit looks fantastic! I haven't had a Steampunk event for a while, hope to be able to get to one again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you get to go to one soon!

      Delete
  5. I adore your steampunk outfit, I was thinking dark burlesque or circus for mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Dark burlesque sounds like a great theme!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...