Pages

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Work Me!

I needed an official looking photo for a work, as some sites and magazines occasionally ask for a face shot to go with an interview or a story. I had been meaning to take one for ages, but only now got around to doing it. This was taken with my home studio setup (a whopping two lights with softboxes and an Ikea curtain as a backdrop) by my fiancé. I really appreciate that he's willing to help me with my picture projects often, as he takes great pictures and takes direction really well! I usually have a picture in my mind of what the final result should be, so working with a person close to me is optimal, as he understands me when I try to explain what we are going for.

I'm a trained graphic designer so I finished the photo myself with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. It didn't need much, just some adjustments to the lighting, tiny bit of colour correction, getting rid of the bags under my eyes (too little sleep and too much tea!) and toning down my hair colour so it wouldn't overwhelm everything else. I think the final picture is very nice, it looks like me but isn't too goth-looking to be scary and the make-up isn't too loud. And my Chirpy t-shirt shows, which is always a plus! He's the blue bird mascot of Cities: Skylines, the game I'm working on ;D


4 comments:

  1. looks nice ^^
    love the way you edited it, it still looks untouched

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so happy that the edit looks nice, it's been some time since I did any photo editing :)

      Delete
  2. The pic looks really good. :)
    x Dawn // wickedly-pleasant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...