Pages

Thursday 27 March 2014

Indian Weddings must be Very Glam!

I ordered a few sets of Indian bridal jewellery from eBay to work on a unique piece for a friend. Since the shop had combined shipping, I got one set for myself. It arrived very fast, I was expecting to wait for weeks! The set has a piece that lays on the forehead, earrings and a necklace. Here's a link to the store so you can get some fabulous, glamorous jewellery too! I think the prices are very cheap, my set was 15 dollars before shipping (which was something like 20 dollars for three sets) and they have many colours and styles, naturally all fairly traditionally Indian. The quality isn't superb, but for the price it's great!


My set has turquoise plastic beads and white rhinestones with a silver toned metal. I combined it with Sleepy Hollow eyeshadow by Fyrinnae, I think it matches perfectly!


The forehead piece is meant to be in the parting of your hair, but mine didn't want to comb that way ;P The earrings have little chains with hooks on the ends that you can attach to your hair. The earrings are very heavy, so they can help take the weight off your ears. I actually tied the earring chains together with a piece of wire, they are also attached to the forehead piece. If your hair is loose, the hooks don't stay in it and fiddling with hair pins was frustrating. So wire is the easiest way!


My roots are horrible! I have an appointment with the hairdresser, but it's still a few weeks away. But then I'll look fabulous, so maybe I can manage with these roots still ;P


17 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! Love the jewellery too, it looks so much more expensive than it actually is o.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's really nicely detailed for the price. If you inspect it closely, you can see the workmanship isn't superior, but from a distance it's great.

      Delete
  2. Vau, upea kokonaisuus ja värit ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon! Mä kyllä heti totesin että tää on mun setti, värien perusteella, kun näin sen kaupassa :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!! Will there be a Bollywood wedding? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe that should be my next year's Samhain costume!

      Delete
  4. Oh my~ ❤ Gorgeus!! *__*
    Nää on aivan mahtavia! Haluun!
    Näyttää tosi hyvältä, väri on tosi kiva ;)

    ~ Frillycakes ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh God, you look so awesome! :) The necklace is totally stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely in love with these jewelry!

    x Dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it looks absolutely gorgeous!! I´ve been wanting to have a massive metal neckless for a while now. I love how the indian pieces look, yet sometimes I feel they have too much color for me. It does give a lot of inspiration for a lot of different looks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The ones with gold toned metal are more flashy to my eyes, silver especially with clear/white stones is more serene and less busy :)

      Delete
  8. thanks for the link. I'm always looking for cheap bling to put on the actors. The pieces you're wearing would look $$$ from stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! These would be great on a stage! I'm working on an unique piece for a burlesque performer made from two of these sets in a different colourway and modified. I'm thinking it will be super shimmery and glittery!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...