Pages

Saturday 19 January 2013

Sugarpill Swatches Part I

Starling, Darling and Magentric
I bought a new lens for my camera to take better close-ups, so I tried it out with some Sugarpill Chromalust loose eyeshadows. They are my favourites when it comes to bright colours and sparkle!

Starling is a medium blue with blue and turquoise sparkle and shimmer.

Darling

Darling is one of my favourite turquoises. It's light, but not aqua, and has blue and silver sparkle. Very intense.

Magentric

Magentric is a dark fuchsia with blue microglitter.

Birthday Girl

For a nice, warm baby pink, Birthday Girl is the shade to go to. It has subtle pink glitter in a matte base. Not as flashy as most of the other Chromalusts, so this colour could be used in more toned down looks also.

Paperdoll

Paperdoll is like the sister shade to Birthday Girl. It's a light lavender purple. It has a matte base and some matching glitter in it.

Hysteric

Hysteric is an awesome eyeshadow! It's a medium purple with lots of shimmer and turquoise microglitter.


11 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I want Hysteric! Your new gear is looks fab, these snaps came out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hysteric is such a great colour, I can definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sugarpill's colours are great! And they come in huge jars, I doubt I'll ever finish one unless I bathe in it ;P

      Delete
  3. Hysteric looks amazing! And fantastic photos! I should get a macro-lens to my camera but I rather would want a new camera first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only recently taught myself to fiddle the white balance, I'm a total camera noob and just try to get by ;P

      Delete
  4. How on earth did you get your swatches so straight? Did you use tape or something? It looks amazing, great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the secret is tape! I mask off parts with regular clear tape, then prime the remaining skin strips, brush on shadow, remove the tapes and take pictures. Works like a charm :)

      Delete
  5. What primer did you use for these?

    I have myself Paperdoll, Birthday girl and Darling(wich I've used criminally little compared to others) and have wondered for ages why they don't seem to have the crazy intensity I've seen in pictures where Sugarpill eyeshadows have been used. Or to be exact, what the hell I've been doing wrong! :D
    So this actually clears it up quite nicely, a very useful swatch post in all, at least for me. ;3

    -Teija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here they are over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy, it's my favourite primer to use with Sugarpill loose shadows. It really brings out the bling! On the down side, it's almost impossible to blend anything on top of it. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  6. Your swatch photos look really awesome, you are a great photographer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...