Pages

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Darling Girl Cosmetics Review and Swatches

I made an order to Darling Girl Cosmetics a few weeks ago and it arrived today! I wanted the She-Bop blush, because it was said to be quite similar to NARS Orgasm which seemed like a colour I didn't already have. I was also recommended Dark Heart eyeshadow, and grabbed a glitter to try while at it. I also ordered a blogger sample pack and asked Susan to pick the colours for me. She did a wonderful job, I love everything!

The order came in a bubble mailer and everything was wrapped separate packages inside it.

Everything was wrapped carefully.


Here's what was inside. So much stuff!

I got six eyeshadow samples, one blush sample and a lipgloss sample. I purchased the She-Bop blush in petit size, Pink Elephant glitter, Dark Heart eyeshadow in petit size, and got as a gift with purchase the Phantom of the Taupera eyeshadow (in a jar but less than a petit size). There was also a business card, some pretty confetti and an adorable heart eraser! Here are individual pictures of the products. The pics are a bit dark, sorry!

She-Bop. Less orange in real life!

Dark Heart

Pink Elephants

Phantom of the Taupera. The shade is cooler in real life.

Fawndle. Again too warm in the pic!

Vixen

Persuasion

LaLa

Purple Haze

Obviously a Wig

Willow

Taupe Secret

Everything was neatly in baggies on pots and the pots had sealed sifters. Eyeshadow and blush samples have a list of all ingredients on the label.

Swatches. From left to right: Persuasion, LaLa, Vixen, Willow, Obviously a Wig, Fawndle, Dark Heart

Persuasion - A matte lilac base with gold shift and shimmer. Very unique!

LaLa - Purple with lilac shift

Vixen - A dark puple with purple and teal shimmer

Willow - A soft baby pink with teal shimmer

Obviously a Wig - A bold dark cool pink with a blue shift (this wasn't listed on the site)

Fawndle - A medium brown with red shimmer

Dark Heart - A dark shimmery burgundy with pink shimmer

Blushes, gift shade (I have to admit I didn't know what it was for, so I swatched it with the blushes) and glitter. Purple Haze, She-Bop, Phantom of the Taupera, Pink Elephants.

Purple Haze - A dark magenta with light shimmer

She-Bop - Peachy light orange with a gold shift and some gold shimmer

Phantom of the Taupera - A light taupe with blue and green shimmer, seems like a very usable colour

Pink Elephants - Pure bright pink glitter, very pretty!

Taupe Secret lipgloss

Taupe Secret - Cool light brown with blue and green shimmer, quite light on the lips but makes their colour cooler

Everything seemed to be of high quality and Susan did a great job choosing the pinks and purples for me. Colours seem complex and unique, but yet very usable and easy to combine with others. I'm very happy with the order! The website is a bit hard to navigate, but I can assure you, it's worth it :)

11 comments:

  1. I need all of these. The gloss looks really nice, I didn't think I'd like it but now I want it. Awesome lip swatch by the way! Now if you'll excuse me I need to edit my wishlist. >.>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been a bit insecure about my lips, but nice to know the picture works well! The gloss was really a surprise, it looked weird in the container but lovely on the lips.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I need Persuasion! Taupe Secret looks a lot nicer than I thought it would as well! Really pretty. I have a lot of love for DG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pic doesn't quite capture the blue sheen on Taupe Secret, it really is very pretty!

      Delete
  3. Dark Heart. Want. NEED.
    Actually, all of it. Want. NEED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark Heart is really pretty! I can't wait to do a look with it :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the lovely swatches and review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think She-Bop was the NARS Orgasm dupe - and these all look awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like it is, and it's gorgeous! I'm wearing it right now :)

      Delete
  6. I love DG, I need to order again! Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...