Pages

Sunday 5 February 2012

The Wedding Fair

The guy who leases my old apartment hooked me up with a friend of his, who was in need of a model for a local wedding fair. I love wearing pretty dresses, so I promised to help her out. It was super cold on the day of the fair, my taxi driver got lost (on a ten minute trip!) and the lady at the ticket booth didn't have up to date name lists and wouldn't let me in. Well, despite all the problems, the fair went well, I had a quick twirl at the stage on both Saturday and Sunday and we took pictures of the dress.

The dress is by Revelations. They specialize in corsets and unique made-to-measure dresses, but also have really pretty designs of their own! Both the seamstresses were really nice persons and if I'm ever in need of a fancy gown, I know where to go :) Their made-to-measure corsets were also really drool-worthy, such pretty fabrics and nice designs!


We were really lucky that the dress fit me perfectly, since we didn't have time to try it before the fair.



My bun was much nicer looking on Saturday when I forced my other half to do it, he did a great job! These pics are from Sunday and feature my own five-minute-bun I whipped up in a hurry ;) Hair and makeup is by me, I'll do a post on the look later on if any of my face shots came out nice.

Here's one to show the lovely draping on the top!


11 comments:

  1. The dress is simple (i mean not all the frills many wedding dress have) but it's really pretty with the laces in the back and pinkish colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was really lovely and very comfortable even with the corset top.

      Delete
  2. You look absolutely stunning! And I love that the corset is that soft blush pink and not ivory/white and stark.
    Anything with corsets, and I'm there... I'm gonna have to check out their dresses because I still haven't found anything I'm totally in love with... A few here and there, but I can't believe the prices :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The corsets they had on show were amazing! Hand-crafted with so many little details and wonderful fabrics.

      Delete
  3. that's so pretty! You look lovely in it. =D I wish to steal your body now too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a dress I'd never pick myself, but it was fun to wear it for a while :)

      Delete
  4. Wow :D Glad you got pictures of this anyway. It sounded so... well, didn't see that one coming.
    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures came out really nice in the end! The originals are a bit dark with the light coming from the window behind me, but the resolution was good so they held up well when I lightened them up a bit.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, this is stunning! That dress really suits you too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...