Pages

Saturday 13 December 2014

Hems Galore!

I found this dress by reading Sary's blog post about her favourite alternative bloggers. The first one on her list, Faiiint, had a gorgeous picture with a wide-hemmed dress. I immediately went "I need that!1" and went to check out her outfit post to see where the dress was from, hoping it might not be super expensive or hard to find.

Where was it from? H&M! It also happened to be on discount when I scoured their website. They didn't have my size, so I got a size bigger than what I usually wear, intending to take it in. Apparently it runs a bit small because it's not very loose on me, lucky me!


Skirt - H&M
Belt - Second hand
Boots - Spike Lita by Jeffrey Campbell


The dress has open slits on the sides and a wide rubber band to keep the sides together but still show some skin. The hem is longer on the sides than in the middle, giving the dress a lovely shape. The hem is HUGE, just like I wanted, and there's a build-in petticoat to keep it from sticking to your pantyhose. My dress could use some ironing, I put it on straight from the package it arrived in. The fabric is 100% cotton, so it's bound to need some care, but it should also breathe well.


Flap flap ;D


5 comments:

  1. I love a flared skirt! The bigger the better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! I'm so glad you got something out of that post - even if it was an unexpected something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and a special thanks to writing the post! It's always great to find new blogs to read :)

      Delete
  3. That dress is amazing on you! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...