Pages

Thursday 17 December 2015

Samhain Costume

I just noticed I had not shown you my Samhain party costume! I planned to be Maleficent, but the silly horned hat I ordered would not fit over my hair ;P So I did a different version with my favourite horns.

The top and corset are by Artifice Clothing. I really like the corset, many longer corset can be uncomfortable, but this one is so short it sits on your waist very comfortably, even when tightly laced. The collar I bought at WGT last summer, it's made by Videnoir. I sewed the skirt myself from the cheapest taffeta I could find. It will work well with many outfits, and it's so wide I can fit as many petticoats under it as I want! For this costume I donned on a fluffy tulle petticoat to make the skirt flare out and accentuate the tiny waist the corset gives me.

I also finally got to wear the cute little tiara I bought at a goth flea market event!


I just bought a serger and a huge amount of fabric from an outlet. Looking towards plenty of sewing projects in the future!



Photos by Eliza Rask

12 comments:

  1. Amazing! I love it so much! And I definitely want a stand collar like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great costume! I love how it looks comfortable enough but also fancier than everyday goth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onko tämä korsetti uudempaa Artificeä, vai vanhempaa tuotantoa? Kyselisin vain jotta onko tässä siun mallissa vuoritusta? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tässä ei ole vuorta! Mulla on kaksi Artificen korsettia, eikä kummassakaan muistaakseni ole. En tiedä miten kestäviä nämä ovat loppupeleissä, mutta yllättävänkin hyvän kiristyksen saa aikaan.

      Delete
    2. Niin vähän ajattelinkin. Miun mielestä melko kökköistä tuotantoa siihennähden kuinka monta lanttia tuollaisesta saa maksaa. :L Omassanikaan ei mitään vuoritusta ole, eikä pvc ole pysynyt rypyttömänä sitten alkuunsakaan.. Meh. Outoa ettei tuollaisiin olennaisiin seikkoihin panosteta ollenkaan!

      Delete
  4. Enchantingly fantastic costume!

    Have a beautiful festive season,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit and pictures <3
    that you write good things about the short Atrifice corsets I am curious, have a few of their longer ones and they all are perfectly fine so i thought shorter ones might be a bit uncomfortable o_O maybe have to add one to my next order...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's all down to everyone's personal body shape. I had one of the longer underbust ones and it just didn't fit me right, but the short cinchers sit right on me and are very comfy to wear. I usually find short waist corsets the most comfortable, as they only take you in right at the waist, so nothing is restricting or poking you elsewhere.

      Delete
  6. Im in love with your outfit!! So pretty!! Im a huge fan of your blog!! :)
    Kisses from Brazil! <3

    bloodbatsandbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heips! Upealta näytät. Kyselisin mistä sarvet ovat? Tarvitsisin kuvauksiin juuri tuollaisia :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...