Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Engagement Photoshoot Look

My other half and I decided to have an engagement photoshoot to celebrate the proposal. There aren't many pictures of us together, for some reason, so it will be nice to have some professionally taken ones to remember this time by. We did the shoot in two parts: first with formal clothing and light make-up, then in full-on goth uniform with heavier make-up. This is my look after the shoot, so the lipstick is a bit worn.

I did the look with the Naked Basics palette, by first doing a regular look with a light shade on the lid and a dark one in the crease. For the second half I just applied the darkest shade on top of the other ones to get a neutral smoky look. The lashes I'm wearing are Red Cherry #600 lashes and the lippie is Black Dahlia by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.



I wanted to also show off this little hair clip I made for the shoot! Tiina of Rogue borrowed a gorgeous dress for me, but I felt that I needed something for my hair to match the rest of the outfit. Last week when I was at Tallinn on the sewing club trip we went to a few big craft and sewing supply stores and I was able to pick up the materials for this baby. Aside from the hair clip and sequinned appliqué which were already in my stash (the appliqué is left over from the Snow Queen outfit), the whole thing ended up costing me only 4,5 euros. That's hard to top! The craft supply stores in Estonia were like treasure troves, so many shades of lace and endless quantities of ribbons and feathers. I have to go there again some day to stock up on black lace and other goth necessities.

This is what 4,5 euros gets you in Estonia. Five packs of lovely, pristine feathers!

Held in my hand to show the size. It's not a very big hair clip, but just enough for the outfit I wore.
I can't wait for the finished pictures so I can show you how the whole outfit looks!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the engagement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely! The clip is great! Congratulations! Hope to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The photos should be finished soon, I'm so excited to see them and post them!

      Delete
  3. Oh man I can't wait to see the pictures of you two. You always look fantastic together. I'm excited for you. =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...