Pages

Monday 10 September 2012

Impossible Shoes Made Possible

I got a new pair of shoes! They came from the UK, this eBay store to be precise. They look vaguely like Jeffrey Campbell's Night Walk shoes, but came with a glitter finish so I was immediately sold ;) I've been looking at Night Walks, but the price seemed too steep for something that I might not like in the end. These babies cost under 30 pounds with shipping so they were a safe way to try heelless shoes.

Turns out I just love them! They feel sturdy, it was really a surprise considering the price, and they are comfortable to walk in and balance isn't an issue (at least in the apartment while watching Star Trek and occasionally popping in to the kitchen to get something to eat or make some tea). And the best part is they look like they are covered in Sugarpill Stella! Such a lovely black base with multicoloured glitter, and matching shoes and eyeshadow is a great look ;P They are super over the top and I'm over the moon with them!

They work well on the sofa...

On the floor...

And glitter so prettily!

It was already getting dark, so the pictures aren't the best. You can also admire the amount of kitty litter and hair on the floor ;P I've been sick with a cold, so I've just played Farmville 2 and drunk lots of tea, meaning that the apartment is a mess. I have also been slowly preparing my Etsy store, I have a pile of nice, lovingly handmade jewellery ready, and plan to launch it soon!

19 comments:

  1. Cute!! I love them X) I've seen shoes like this and had the impression that they would be very uncomfortable, but you have me considering trying a pair on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These seem really nice and the price is so low you wont lose much even if you don't like them :) I think the heelless shoes are so hot at the moment that it shouldn't be a problem to sell them. And the best outcome would be that you love them as much as I do!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, syötävän hyvän näköiset! Mulla on Campbellin alkuperäiset Nightwalkit mary jane-mallilla ja ne on kyllä häkellyttävän helpot kävellä. Siis juurikin sisätiloissa, portaat ja mäkinen maasto tai kivenmurikat kengän alla aiheuttivat itselle vähän päänvaivaa. :D Pitääpä tsekata noiden valikoima, noi glitteripintaiset on niin hienot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Pitääkin muistaa välttää mäkiä! Alkuperäiset ovat kyllä tosi komeat, mutta glitteriä ja halpaa hintaa mä en voinut vastustaa ;P

      Delete
  3. The Nightwalks look really nice, but i don't myself to walk with such things, although they look amazing on u.
    That glitter is gorgeus, it's so hard to find a nice black glitter that don't look cheap, that one it's really beautifull, simple and perfect
    Handmade jewelery <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's very true, black glitter can be a pain! I've used some in my jewellery and it somehow is much less glittery than all others. I'm thinking of mixing some see-through glitter with it to get some proper shimmer.

      Delete
  4. wow --- awesome shoes - I should try on a pair too, wanna know if I can walk in them without looking like stiff-legged :D *lol*
    get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! They also had other glitter colours and a suede version, and ones with spikes also. They are surprisingly comfy!

      Delete
  5. Love these but I don't think I'd be able to walk in them!! So excited your getting your etsy store together, was about to contact you to find out where I could buy your jewelry! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be opening the shop soon, I just need to get some packing materials ready so there will be no delays when I'm posting stuff :)

      Delete
  6. My ankles are throbbing just in lookin' at 'em. They're so beautiful, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. KIvannäköiset! :) Pakko kysyä, että lähteekö nuista tuota glitteriä hurjasti kävellessä? Ovat niin kimaltavat, että näin vois kuvitella, mutta ei kaikista glitter-kengistä sitä hilettä tipu. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Ainakaan yhden illan käytöllä en huomannut että glitteriä olisi putoillut, eikä sitä ollut pakkauspusseissakaan joissa kengät tulivat. Ilmeisen jämäkkää liimaa siis käytössä ;)

      Delete
  8. OOH LOVE THOSE! I still need to try out heelless myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These are a good choice! I've tried genuine Jeffrey Campbell heelless shoes at a store and the balancing feels much the same in these cheap versions.

      Delete
  9. They look wonderful! I'm a little curious about the helless shoes so this was a nice tip. I'm glad that you are starting an etsy store :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so excited about the store already :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. I didn't even think of that, but now that you said it, they do look kinda galactic! Thus they must be excellent shoes to watch Star Trek in ;P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...