Pages

Monday 17 September 2012

Punk Rock Queen

I almost forgot about these pics! They were taken at the KuroiNeko photoshoot. I asked the photographer, Sari, if I could bring a Lip Service dress with me to take a few pics with. She was so nice to agree! I had bought the dress earlier at a roleplaying convention, where they had a flea market table where people could bring used stuff to be sold. Someone had decided to sell this lovely old dress for only 35 euros, so it found a new home with me ;P

I had to do tons of googling to find out the name of the dress, but it seems to be a Punk Rock Queen ball gown from a 2003 collection. I had to take it in a bit at the side seams, but now it fits nicely. It has a long train that can be taken up with little clips that attach to D-rings. If you lift the train, it makes a cool little bustle at the back! You can also lift the front of the dress to make it shorter at the front and longer at the back. I have yet to figure out where I could actually wear this, since it's so formal, but maybe a suitable occasion will come up!




16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Kiitos! Oli kyllä hieno löytö, olen tyytyväinen!

      Delete
  2. Tosi kauniita kuvia! :) Ihana helma tuossa hameessa.^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Se on kyllä kiva, kun on niin monta vaihtoehtoa miten kiinnittää remmit mihinkin, aina löytyy uutta ;P

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Now I want a dress like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lip Service has had the same hem in many later dresses too, I think it always looks cool :)

      Delete
  5. Siun tukka on kyllä aina niin upea noin laitettuna! Ihan tupeeraamallako sen saat noin paksun ja 'ison' näköiseksi? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mä huijaan, näissä mulla on tupeerattu kuitulisäke ;) Ehkä maailman kätevin keksintö kun mallailee t-paitoja, ei mee tukka sekasin kun sen voi vaan ottaa pois päästä aina ennen kuin vaihtaa vaatteita!

      Delete
  6. I love your hair colour! So much that I think of changing myself, but, .. having red henna makes it rather difficult :p

    That purple shade is perfect. :)

    // Rakel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Henna is really hard to get off, but so many shades of red look gorgeous, maybe you can find one that you really like :) I'm really happy with the current dye I'm using, it doesn't fade much and the colour is almost perfect straight from the bottle!

      Delete
  7. Oh I love this dress! I think I remember it being sold, if I'm not mistaken they used to sell a similar one with a tartan print that I would drool on. But being 14 at the time I didn't have the budget for it :) Nice pictures, especially the second one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I found pictures of the same dress in red tartan and even in pink tartan, looked gorgeous!

      Delete
  8. Cute dress! I actually almost ended up wearing the one that had a plaid skirt to my high school graduation in 2003 (my mother wouldn't let me wear it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo for your mother, it would have looked awesome! ;D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...