Pages

Friday 14 November 2014

Lip Service Cheongsam

I promised a picture of this dress ages ago! It was just before I came down with pneumonia, so I kinda forgot ;D Here's the previous post I mentioned it in and showed an eyeshadow look I did to match the dress' patterns.


I bought the dress second hand based on very blurry pictures. It has Lip Service tag but I can't seem to find any pictures of it anywhere. Perhaps it's a sample and was never put into production? Has anyone seen this dress before? I'm interested to know what it's name is and how old it is! The only picture I've been able to find is this one. It's the same dress but in a red colorway. The tag looks like something made between 2004-2007.

It looks like Hollywood Geisha with the oriental cheongsam cut and fabric, but I haven't been able to find it in any catalogues. Nothing even seems to be made of the same fabric. Maybe it's a copy? But the tag looks and feels authentic. Maybe just my googling skills fail ;D

Edit: It's a Hollywood Geisha "Safety Pin Geisha Mini Dress" from fall 2004, thank you Jenni! Apparently they made Hollywood Geisha in at least three different oriental fabrics back then.


Dress - Lip Service (unidentified)
Boots - Big Lita by Jeffrey Campbell



These pictures encourage me to consider re-organizing the bookshelf some day ;D It goes all the way up to the ceiling, but still there's not enough room for all the books! It might be because of the amount of liquor and plushies also stored there...

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous dress! Looks lovely on you and matches your hair quite well. Not something I always think about when planning an outfit, but when the clothes do happen to look good with the hair it's definitely a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This dress was an impulse buy, I don't usually go for things that have warm pink on them, but I'm glad I did this time!

      Delete
  2. Love this dress on you! I love this style but it doesn't suit my body type, unfortunately :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a quite demanding cut, I have to agree. When I use this outside the house, I need leggings under it because it's SUPER short ;D

      Delete
  3. You look so amazing in this! I like the one you have better than the red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I prefer this one to the red one too!

      Delete
  4. Voi että sun blogia lukiessa iskee aina semmonen tukkakateus että! Ja mekko on ihana kanssa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful dress. Edgy elegance. Have you thought of contacting lip service and asking about dress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I friend already identified it (now I know who to go to for my Lip Service info needs, she could tell me the year and line in just a few minutes, impressive!), but I guess Lip Service themselves could help with identifying clothes. A good idea, thanks!

      Delete
  6. Which Lip Service size are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lip Service sizes are notoriously unreliable! This dress is a size M (and most likely designed for midgets because it's so, so short), but I think I have clothing in XS, S, M and even L. I usually wear an S but with Lip Service you never know.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...