Pages

Monday 3 November 2014

Sparkle Baby Palette

I'm not that much into pastels, but when Sugarpill came out with a new palette I just had to get it. It has an eyeshadow called Kitten Parade, who could resist it?! I showed off the first look I did with it on my guest post at Luna's blog.

I'm always impressed with the design of Sugarpill's palettes!
And look, a fluffy wittle kitten with blush and a tiara!

The palette has four eyeshadows. Kitten Parade, Frostine, CandyCrush and Hotsy Totsy.
I have to say I really like the names of the shades. They are cute but memorable. Like all Sugarpill pressed shadows, the pans are large and it's easy to lightly swipe your brush on one to get some color, but you can also swipe a few times to pick up more. All shades have some shimmer, with Frostine and Hotsy Totsy being the least shimmery ones.


Kitten Parade is a light peach shade with a golden sheen. I'm very fond of these types of shades, I have Sugarpill's Asteria (which is way darker) and Fyrinnae's Rapunzel Had Extensions (more golden sheen). Kitten Parade is very shimmery and blends well. It works well for everyday looks with my skin tone.


Frostine is a pale lavender. It looks darker in the pan than on skin. With my skin tone, you can use it as a brow bone highlight! Frostine looks almost matte in the pan but does have a little shimmer when you apply it.


CandyCrush is a very light blue/aqua. It has plenty of silvery shimmer and can be applied as a faint wash if you blend it out.


Hotsy Totsy is a great hot pink with some shimmer. It's the darkest shade in the palette, but compliments the lighter ones really well.

I did a quick look to try out the shades and absolutely loved the water color like finish the sparkly shadows have on skin! All the shades melt nicely into each other when blending and have an ethereal shimmer. I used only Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base and black mascara on my lashes.






6 comments:

  1. Todella kauniin näköinen lopputulos, ihana meikki :) herkkä ja kaunis mutta silti värikäs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mä tykkään kauheasti näiden sävyjen vesivärimaisuudesta, niistä tulee tosi kiva efekti!

      Delete
  2. Oh, so lovely! I think Frostine and CandyCrush look amazing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really fond of this palette, it's now the third day in a row I'm wearing shadows from it ;D Sadly it's so dark that I only have pictures of this one look.

      Delete
  3. Aww, the cute kitty on the packet!

    The combination you did is smashing! They really ought to put your pics on their site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Kittehs on any packet just rock ;D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...