Pages

Sunday 9 November 2014

Widow and a Corset

I like trading clothing. I'd probably use the money from selling old clothes to buy new ones anyway, so skipping the step where they become money saves time ;D On Saturday I traded a jacket that didn't fit me well for a corset top and a jacket. My other half was also so nice that he had fixed the plugs of my new lights when I was away, so I finally got to try them. It's so dark in Finland this time of year that extra light is very welcome. I bought a cheap set on eBay to give them a try, and I think they might really help once I get the camera settings to use with them right.

The corset is by Sacrifice. I'm not familiar with the brand but I know I've seen this corset around the internet for years. Overbust corsets are always quite tricky when you want to find one that fits you well, but this one is okay on me. It does squish my tiny boobs a bit which makes me wonder what sort of measurements would actually fit it well, and it could be tighter around the waist. I like the PVC bone casing, the little buckles, and the interesting cut of the lower edge very much!

The jacket is from Widow, the sister brand of Lip Service. It has cool spikes on the shoulders (which like to point every which way ;D) and I'm really impressed that it has a lining. Usually tricot clothing doesn't but it makes the jacket feel very luxurious.

Now on to the pictures!


Jacket - Widow
Corset - Sacrifice
Skirt - Iron Fist

I'm really happy with how the photos came out, even though they are a little bit over exposed. I just dyed my hair last week and in these pics it's just washed and blow dried and looking exceptionally nice compared to the amount of work put into it ;D I usually let it dry naturally, which means every hair is going in a different direction.


I usually prefer corset with a more dramatic waistline, but this one is more comfortable to wear!





And here's Möttönen napping in a box next to where I set up the lights.
My other half snapped this cute sleepy kitty picture when I was still fiddling with the lights.

9 comments:

  1. It is very cunning to exchange clothes, instead of simpley selling. I wish I could find some interesting websites wehre I could find people with alike-tastes. How did you manage to change and find this cuties? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Facebook I'm in a gothic flea market group, where my friend saw that I'm selling the jacket. She asked me if there was anything in the items she had for sale that I liked, and we made a deal.

      My friends also do organize little swap parties, where every one shows up with a bag full of clothing, shoes, make-up, what ever they want to get rid of that might be to the liking of other participants. I like recycling, but setting up a flea market table takes too much time, so these parties are a great way to get rid of old stuff and get some new things. The parties work great for cheaper items (0,50 - 50 euros) but if you have something very expensive, it's unlikely to find something to swap it for. I usually have cheap stuff and just want to get the things to a home where some one will use them ;D

      Delete
  2. You look amazing (as does your beautiful cat)! I've been eying some Widow stuff for ages but I wasn't sure whether they'd be worth the price. That jacket looks wonderful though, very cosy but also spiky. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been looking at Widow designs too, but somehow I never found anything I needed to own. Based on the jacket I'd say the clothes may look too blah on the pictures, but at least this piece is super nice to wear.

      Delete
  3. I have never had much luck with clothing exchange days but I am glad they work for you. Your kitten is so cute! flat chested, big waisted corset? Sounds like they finally started making things for my body type, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's a weird corset, is should cinch just the other way to make best use of assets ;D

      Delete
  4. Vaihtokaupat on niin näppäriä! :D Molemmat osapuolet saa mitä haluaa ja tarvii, ilman et tarttee määritellä hömppiä rahapuolia ja sit juurikin ostaa kuitenkin materiaa. :P Ihanuudet sait kyllä napattua ♥

    ~ Frillycakes ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Mä oon tosi tyytyväinen, odotan jo innolla seuraavaa vaatteenvaihtobilettä joulukuussa, jos vaikka saisin osan mun myyntikamavuoresta uuteen kotiin :)

      Delete
  5. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. corset dresses

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...