Pages

Monday 24 November 2014

Skeleton Corset

I pondered on getting a new corset for my upcoming birthday party and ended up ordering one from DraculaCorsets. I have to admit that I was mentally prepared for it to be of poor quality or not fitting me well, because ready made overbusts are always tricky and they only had pictures of it on the gorgeous Razor Candi. I bet she can wear a garbage bag and make it look glamorous ;D Just meaning that I was a bit unsure of what I would receive, quality wise and for the fit.

I was disappointed when there was no information on the site on how long making a corset takes. They sent me a notification when the work on the corset started, but since they only listed the time it takes to deliver one, I had no idea how long I would have to wait. In the end it took ten business days from the "production started" notification for the corset to arrive at my doorstep. It not too long I think.

The corset arrived today and naturally I had to try it on immediately (well, after eating dinner, as it's always such a great idea to put on a corset right after a meal ;D) and I was positively surprised! The corset has a very nice waistline and comes quite low on the hips, creating a beautiful shape. The top part fits me very well on the front (with a bra on, I'm quite small on the top) and the back rises high to keep the silhouette smooth (and hide the bra closure). The corset is made of real leather, which feels very nice and soft against your skin. I've never had a leather corset before, I didn't know they are this comfy! The leather has a tiny bit of stretch so it molds to your body.

The ribbon is very long and the busk is sturdy, making it easy to put the corset on and take it off. I can't lace it up myself, like I do with my underbusts often, this baby is so long that you need some help to get it sit right and tight!

I also wanted to try a Adora Batbrat inspired make-up look (I'll have detail pics of it in a separate post, there's so many photos I like from this set!), so I decided to do it together with the corset. So prepare for shots of a painted face, tons of lashes and a killer corset!


Tiara - Too Fast
Hair fall - Hair from Hell
Feather collar - DIY
Corset - DraculaCorsets





Shrug - Artifice Clothing


I had planned to add rhinestones to the corset, but it looks so bad ass as is that I don't think I want to now. I save them and make something else that sparkles!

22 comments:

  1. WAU! Piti käydä kommentoimassa edelliseenkin postaukseen, että se hame oli tosi makee, vaikka itse en käytä tän tyylisiä vaatteita, niin sitä hametta aloin jo kuvittelemaan, mihin oman vaatevaraston vaatteisiin sitä voisi yhdistää. Tosi käyttökelpoinen siis. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Kyllä nyt jokainen tarvitsee yhden pörheän hameen vaatekaappiinsa ;D

      Delete
  2. Okay, I'm putting that corset on my Xmas Wishlist NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The corset is amazing and you look absolutely stunning! I prefer your version of the batbrat make up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I always longingly look at Adora's make-up, but her face and eye shape are so different from mine that the same stuff just doesn't work. But with some modifications and a little bit more training I'm sure I can make a version that suits my face even better than this one :)

      Delete
  4. Ugh that looks amazing! I can't wait to see a close up of your makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll post it soon, there was just too many pictures for one post! I call that a happy problem ;P

      Delete
  5. I love your makeup. That corset looks so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing! That sounds like a short time to make a corset, it is a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was still a ready-made size, so they didn't have to draft a whole new corset but just cut and sew it, that must have helped.

      Delete
  7. The corset is amazing and you look drop down gorgeous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ihana blogi sulla ja aivan mieletön toi uus korsetti! NAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon! Oon kyllä tosi tyytyväinen tähän korsettiin, odotin jotain just ja just kelvollista tekelettä mutta postissa tulikin ihan loistava vaate :)

      Delete
  9. You AB-SO-LUTE-LY rock this look! The Adora makeup suits you perfectly, as does the corset. I'd even suggest leaving the corset just as it is, in order not to dilute the hard-edge rock style.
    That's really gorgeous! Congrats on that smokin' hot look!

    Evelyn/theteapotbat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was a bit unsure of the make-up, but maybe it's just that I normally wear very different looks and it takes some time to get used to a new style, so nice to know you think it suits me well :) I think I won't alter the corset, it's so great as it is that I'll save my sparkly plans for later!

      Delete
  10. Upeita kuvia! Etenkin tuo neljä on tosi tyrmäävä! Asukin tosi kiva. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon! Nelonen onnistui munkin mielestä tosi hyvin, vaikka just sen kohdalla kamerasta loppui akku, onneksi sitkeästi sit otin saman asennon uudestaan kun ladattu akku löytyi ;D

      Delete
  11. HOLY SHIT. Thats all i can say. You look absolutely STUNNING with this corset. I think it was definately the right choice for your birthday! Totally imagining it with that skirt from Queen of Darkness from the previous post (which i LOVE also, and congrats for being Ambassador, you totally deserve it!). Can't stop staring at your pictures.

    I always wanted to buy a corset from Dracula Corsets, they have such a large range of corsets! But it can get kinda pricey on Brazil because we have high custom taxes and buying corsets it's quite a large investiment here. I recently bought an underbust with a brazilian corsetmaker (since i don't have a true corset with steel bones in it) and it usually takes 45 days since it's just one person to do the whole work, so i'm still waiting for it to arrive.

    Also i wanted to thank you for answering me the question of the cameras! Unfortunately i don't have Olympus avaliable here in Brazil but i already checked out some other similar cameras that we have here and i already made my choice. Fortunate enough, my actual camera broke 2 weeks ago! hahaha AWESOME. Now i HAVE to buy a new one.

    And THAT MAKEUP. Need to see that in detail! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowww! That looks amazing! I'm glad it worked out for you. I know a friend who ordered a supposedly steel boned corset from them and it was terrible. But, I suppose it's just hit and miss.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...